Would you like to become an official ILH Agent, please get in touch we would love to hear from you.
Would you like to become a teacher or organiser with ILH, please get in touch we would love to hear from you.
1. The student’s parent or legal guardian must complete a Consent to Travel and Medical Consent declaration for every student under the age of 18. The form must be completed and sent to Leo Languages before the commencement of the course on which the student is enrolled.
2. It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to arrange private medical and travel insurance for the student and to inform Leo Languages of the insurance policy details (insurance company name, address and emergency contact number; insurance policy number) before the student travels to the UK.
3. The student must keep a copy of the Consent to Travel and Medical Consent declaration on their person during their journey to and from the UK.
4. If a student has any medical conditions or allergies these must be indicated on the Consent to Travel and Medical Consent declaration.
5. If a student takes regular medication and needs to bring it to the UK, the student remains responsible for that medication and for its administration. The name of the medication, the quantity that needs to be taken, and the frequency with which it needs to be taken should be indicated on the Consent to Travel and Medical Consent declaration.
6. If emergency medical treatment is required, and Leo Languages has not been able to contact the student’s parent/guardian, Leo Languages is authorized to take whatever steps are necessary and in the best interests of the student in order to make sure that appropriate treatment is sought and administered by professional medical personnel.
7. In case of an emergency, and while professional medical advice and assistance is being sought, representatives of Leo Languages who hold relevant certification are authorized to administer, if necessary and appropriate, first aid to a student.
8. Most emergency treatment in the UK is provided free of charge at point of use. If medical fees or other relevant expenses are incurred the parent/guardian will be responsible for payment of such fees. If Leo Languages needs to pay at point of use, or incurs any expenses in seeking the necessary treatment, the parent/guardian will reimburse Leo Languages for the full cost.
9. Students are not generally allowed out in the evenings, but some evening activities are organised. Signing the declaration implies agreement with the general principle that students do not go out in the evenings without adult supervision.
10. From time to time representatives of Leo Languages take photographs of students while they are in lessons or on activities and excursions that are part of the programme. These photographs are sometimes used in Leo Languages publicity but are never uploaded onto social media sites. The students are never named. Signing the declaration implies approval of this practice.
11. Leo Languages requires a photocopy of the student’s EHIC health card (if they have one) and a photocopy of the photo page of the student’s passport or a copy of both sides of their national photo ID. These copies must be attached to the Consent to Travel and Medical Consent ‘EHIC card and photo ID’ form.
read more »
Have you been a student, teacher, organiser or member of staff? Why not add your memories and experiences to the ILH Flickr Group
Click here to take our Language Level Tests, they only take 25 minutes. We will instantly email your results to you. Good luck!