Learn German in Germany
Learning in Germany
Germany offers a wealth of varied experiences – from lively cities with world-famous historic architecture, palaces, opera houses, galleries and a lively art culture scene to medieval villages, vineyards and riverside landscapes. Germany makes a great destination for studying German.
Just some of the benefits of learning German in Germany are its:
- Historic architecture, castles and palaces
- Vibrant nightlife, concerts, operas, theatres and exhibitions
- Designer shops and individual boutiques
- World famous events, festivals and markets
- Green valleys, vineyards and medieval villages
We have been teaching languages the ILH way for over 20 years and our wealth of experience has shown that studying and living with your teacher in their own home is one of the most effective and enjoyable ways to learn a language.
You will stay in your teacher’s comfortable home while you receive 15, 20, 25 or 30 full hours of lessons per week – the choice is yours.
Your host teacher will give you lessons which suit you personally, reflect your interests and meet your needs. The tailor-made lessons will go at your pace, giving you confidence and helping you to make rapid progress towards fluency.
Your stay will be carefully supervised and supported from start to finish by the local organiser. They are always available to help you with any questions you have concerning your course or stay - read more
Our Host Teachers
Chosen for their ability to make you feel completely at home, enthusiasm and expertise in giving one-to-one tuition. Your age, interests, personal and language needs are all taken into account by the local organiser when selecting the most suitable host teacher for you – take a look at some example teacher profiles – read more
Your age, profile, language needs, interests and any other special course requests are all taken into account in the process of matching you with a host teacher that is just right for you. You’ll be learning in one of the following beautiful and interesting regions…
Northern Germany includes cities such as Cologne, Dusseldorf, Munster, Paderborn and Hannover, with amazing historical architecture, exciting nightlife, theatres, museums, galleries and more. read more
Central Germany includes the Frankfurt region, a historic city with Gothic and Renaissance architecture alongside designer shops, boutiques, bars and restaurants. read more
Eastern Germany includes the Berlin region, a historically famous city with both modern and older architecture with a wealth of museums, galleries, opera houses, theatres, concerts, outdoor markets and more. read more
Southern Germany includes Stuttgart and Munich, cities full of baroque architecture, palaces, stately homes, museums, botanical gardens and famous festivals such as Oktoberfest and Christmas markets. read more
Course fees for one week’s accommodation (up to 7 nights) and lessons (1 hour = 60 minutes’ tuition).
- our most popular package
€100per extra day
Weekly fees (up to 7 nights) include:
- Full-board accommodation in the teacher’s home
- Tuition with pre-course level assessment test and use of suitable course materials
- Minimum of two accompanied outings per week to places of local interest
- Certiﬁcate of Attendance and progress report at the end of the course
Designed for business and professional people and those with specific language needs related to their job. With this option we include a pre-course client appraisal, specific work-related language teaching and specialist course materials.
Designed especially for people, whatever their age, preparing for a language examination and includes tailored examination preparation materials.
For those staying in a city – three separate cultural and fun visits within the city where you’re studying – soak up local culture, traditions and history.
Visit a city of interest for a whole day with your teacher or an adult family member – a chance to soak up local culture and history.
- Arrival and departure any Sunday throughout the year. Lessons start on Monday.
- There is a 10 % discount for short stays of 4 days (3 nights.) The full number of hours will be taught.
- Share your course: friends and relatives with a similar language level can share the lessons and accommodation in the same teacher family. There is a 15% discount on the course for each student for this option.
- There is a supplement of £60, €80 or $80 for all stays that include the Christmas period (25 and/or 26 December) or the New Year period (31 December and/or 1 January). For a stay that includes both the Christmas and the New Year periods the supplement is charged twice.
24/7 Supervision Supplement for students under the age of 18 of £70, €100 or $100 per week
Students under the age of 18 must book this supplement unless they are taking the City Plus option or are accompanied by an adult.
For a first booking with International Language Homestays there is a registration fee of £50, €80 or $80.