Learn English in Italy
Learning in Italy
Italy offers a wealth of varied experiences – from lively cities with stunning historic architecture, palaces, opera houses, galleries and a lively nightlife to vineyards and green beautiful mountain and valley landscapes. Italy makes a great destination for studying English.
Just some of the benefits of learning English in Italy are its:
- Historic Roman architecture, castles and palaces
- Vibrant nightlife, concerts, operas, theatres and exhibitions
- Designer shops and individual boutiques
- World famous events, festivals and markets
- Stunning mountain and valley landscapes
We have been teaching languages the ILH way for over 20 years and our wealth of experience has shown that studying and living with your teacher in their own home is one of the most effective and enjoyable ways to learn a language.
You will stay in your teacher’s comfortable home while you receive 15, 20, 25 or 30 full hours of lessons per week – the choice is yours.
Your host teacher will give you lessons which suit you personally, reflect your interests and meet your needs. The tailor-made lessons will go at your pace, giving you confidence and helping you to make rapid progress towards fluency.
Your stay will be carefully supervised and supported from start to finish by the local organiser. They are always available to help you with any questions you have concerning your course or stay - read more
Our Host Teachers
Chosen for their ability to make you feel completely at home, enthusiasm and expertise in giving one-to-one tuition. Your age, interests, personal and language needs are all taken into account by the local organiser when selecting the most suitable host teacher for you – take a look at some example teacher profiles – read more
Your age, profile, language needs, interests and any other special course requests are all taken into account in the process of matching you with a host teacher that is just right for you. You’ll be learning in one of the following beautiful and interesting regions…
Pisa, in the Tuscany region, has world-famous architecture and is close to Florence with more stunning architecture, lively nightlife, theatres, museums and more. read more
Portoferraio (Island of Elba)
Portoferraio, in the Tuscany region, is located on the small island of Elba, in the Livorno province, within a day trip of both Florence and Rome, and well-known for its beautiful harbour and stunning location. read more
Caminata, in the Piacenza region in North Italy is a beautiful town not far from Milan and Genoa. This region boasts many historical palaces and breathtaking countryside. read more
Course fees for one week’s accommodation (up to 7 nights) and lessons (1 hour = 60 minutes’ tuition).
- our most popular package
€80per extra day
Weekly fees (up to 7 nights) include:
- Full-board accommodation in the teacher’s home
- Tuition with pre-course level assessment test and use of suitable course materials
- Minimum of two accompanied outings per week to places of local interest
- Certiﬁcate of Attendance and progress report at the end of the course
Designed for business and professional people and those with specific language needs related to their job. With this option we include a pre-course client appraisal, specific work-related language teaching and specialist course materials.
Designed especially for people, whatever their age, preparing for a language examination and includes tailored examination preparation materials.
For those staying in a city – three separate cultural and fun visits within the city where you’re studying – soak up local culture, traditions and history.
Visit a city of interest for a whole day with your teacher or an adult family member – a chance to soak up local culture and history.
- Arrival and departure any Sunday throughout the year. Lessons start on Monday.
- There is a 10 % discount for short stays of 4 days (3 nights.) The full number of hours will be taught.
- Share your course: friends and relatives with a similar language level can share the lessons and accommodation in the same teacher family. There is a 15% discount on the course for each student for this option.
- There is a supplement of £60, €80 or $80 for all stays that include the Christmas period (25 and/or 26 December) or the New Year period (31 December and/or 1 January). For a stay that includes both the Christmas and the New Year periods the supplement is charged twice.
24/7 Supervision Supplement for students under the age of 18 of £50, €75 or $75 per week
Students under the age of 18 must book this supplement unless they are taking the City Plus option or are accompanied by an adult.
For a first booking with International Language Homestays there is a registration fee of £50, €80 or $80.