Learn English in Malta
Learning in Malta
Malta offers historic architecture, including the oldest free-standing temple in the world, lively nightlife in it’s capital city of Valetta and a wealth of events and festivities, from concerts, exhibitions, theatre, street events to open air markets and fiestas. Malta makes a great destination for studying English.
Just some of the benefits of learning English in Malta are its:
- Historic architecture, temples, catacombs and palace
- Cultural heritage and medieval history
- Events and festivities
- Vibrant nightlife, concerts and theatres
- World class watersports and scuba diving
We have been teaching languages the ILH way for over 20 years and our wealth of experience has shown that studying and living with your teacher in their own home is one of the most effective and enjoyable ways to learn a language.
You will stay in your teacher’s comfortable home while you receive 15, 20, 25 or 30 full hours of lessons per week – the choice is yours.
Your host teacher will give you lessons which suit you personally, reflect your interests and meet your needs. The tailor-made lessons will go at your pace, giving you confidence and helping you to make rapid progress towards fluency.
Your stay will be carefully supervised and supported from start to finish by the local organiser. They are always available to help you with any questions you have concerning your course or stay - read more
Our Host Teachers
Chosen for their ability to make you feel completely at home, enthusiasm and expertise in giving one-to-one tuition. Your age, interests, personal and language needs are all taken into account by the local organiser when selecting the most suitable host teacher for you – take a look at some example teacher profiles – read more
Your age, profile, language needs, interests and any other special course requests are all taken into account in the process of matching you with a host teacher that is just right for you. You’ll be learning in one of various beautiful and interesting regions…
Some areas and regions
Malta has many regions which offer a variety of experiences – lively nightlife, concerts, theatres, historic architecture, historical re-enactments, street events, watersports and more. read more
Course fees for one week’s accommodation (up to 7 nights) and lessons (1 hour = 60 minutes’ tuition).
- our most popular package
€80per extra day
Weekly fees (up to 7 nights) include:
- Full-board accommodation in the teacher’s home
- Tuition with pre-course level assessment test and use of suitable course materials
- Minimum of two accompanied outings per week to places of local interest
- Certiﬁcate of Attendance and progress report at the end of the course
Designed for business and professional people and those with specific language needs related to their job. With this option we include a pre-course client appraisal, specific work-related language teaching and specialist course materials.
Designed especially for people, whatever their age, preparing for a language examination and includes tailored examination preparation materials.
For those staying in a city – three separate cultural and fun visits within the city where you’re studying – soak up local culture, traditions and history.
Visit a city of interest for a whole day with your teacher or an adult family member – a chance to soak up local culture and history.
Summer Special Course
This is a special 15 hour course uniquely for youngsters of 13 – 17 years old who wish to share the lessons and host teacher family with one or two students of a different nationality. It is available only in English in Southern England and Dublin Area in Ireland. It is suitable for those who have a minimum of 2 years’ English up to High Intermediate level (not Advanced).
Available in England and Ireland between 1 July and 12 August
- Arrival and departure any Sunday throughout the year. Lessons start on Monday.
- There is a 10 % discount for short stays of 4 days (3 nights.) The full number of hours will be taught.
- Share your course: friends and relatives with a similar language level can share the lessons and accommodation in the same teacher family. There is a 15% discount on the course for each student for this option.
- There is a supplement of £60, €80 or $80 for all stays that include the Christmas period (25 and/or 26 December) or the New Year period (31 December and/or 1 January). For a stay that includes both the Christmas and the New Year periods the supplement is charged twice.
24/7 Supervision Supplement for students under the age of 18 of £50, €75 or $75 per week
Students under the age of 18 must book this supplement unless they are taking the City Plus option or are accompanied by an adult.
For a first booking with International Language Homestays there is a registration fee of £50, €80 or $80.