Learn English in Canada
Learning in Canada
Canada is a popular country to visit in order to learn English. It offers both cosmopolitan and lively waterfront cities with their famous buildings and breathtaking landscapes of lakes, mountains, forests and coastlines. Canada makes a great destination for studying the language.
Just some of the benefits of learning English in Canada are its:
- Lively waterfront Cities and nightlife
- Cosmopolitan shopping and restaurants
- Breathtaking landscapes and coastlines
- Whale watching, fishing, kayaking and much more
- World Class attractions, museums and galleries
We have been teaching languages the ILH way for over 20 years and our wealth of experience has shown that studying and living with your teacher in their own home is one of the most effective and enjoyable ways to learn a language.
You will stay in your teacher’s comfortable home while you receive 15, 20, 25 or 30 full hours of lessons per week – the choice is yours.
Your host teacher will give you lessons which suit you personally, reflect your interests and meet your needs. The tailor-made lessons will go at your pace, giving you confidence and helping you to make rapid progress towards fluency.
Your stay will be carefully supervised and supported from start to finish by the local organiser. They are always available to help you with any questions you have concerning your course or stay - read more
Our Host Teachers
Chosen for their ability to make you feel completely at home, enthusiasm and expertise in giving one-to-one tuition. Your age, interests, personal and language needs are all taken into account by the local organiser when selecting the most suitable host teacher for you – take a look at some example teacher profiles – read more
Your age, profile, language needs, interests and any other special course requests are all taken into account in the process of matching you with a host teacher that is just right for you. You’ll be learning in one of the following beautiful and interesting regions…
Toronto offers one of the most spectacular city views from the world-famous CN Tower, great shopping opportunities, fabulous restaurants and food on the city waterfront. read more
Vancouver has both options – a city full of museums, art galleries, shopping and restaurants but close enough to Vancouver Island for hiking, kayaking and whale watching. read more
Vancouver Island offers a huge range of outdoor activities to make the most of the breathtaking landscapes, mountains made for hiking, and stunning lakes and coastlines for kayaking or whale watching. read more
Course fees for one week’s accommodation (up to 7 nights) and lessons (1 hour = 60 minutes’ tuition).
- our most popular package
$120per extra day
Weekly fees (up to 7 nights) include:
- Full-board accommodation in the teacher’s home
- Tuition with pre-course level assessment test and use of suitable course materials
- Minimum of two accompanied outings per week to places of local interest
- Certiﬁcate of Attendance and progress report at the end of the course
Designed for business and professional people and those with specific language needs related to their job. With this option we include a pre-course client appraisal, specific work-related language teaching and specialist course materials.
Designed especially for people, whatever their age, preparing for a language examination and includes tailored examination preparation materials.
For those staying in a city – three separate cultural and fun visits within the city where you’re studying – soak up local culture, traditions and history.
Visit a city of interest for a whole day with your teacher or an adult family member – a chance to soak up local culture and history.
- Arrival and departure any Sunday throughout the year. Lessons start on Monday.
- There is a 10 % discount for short stays of 4 days (3 nights.) The full number of hours will be taught.
- Share your course: friends and relatives with a similar language level can share the lessons and accommodation in the same teacher family. There is a 15% discount on the course for each student for this option.
- There is a supplement of £60, €80 or $80 for all stays that include the Christmas period (25 and/or 26 December) or the New Year period (31 December and/or 1 January). For a stay that includes both the Christmas and the New Year periods the supplement is charged twice.
24/7 Supervision Supplement for students under the age of 18 of £50, €75 or $75 per week
Students under the age of 18 must book this supplement unless they are taking the City Plus option or are accompanied by an adult.
For a first booking with International Language Homestays there is a registration fee of £50, €80 or $80.